×

Davido Deletes Warning Message to Governor Adeleke Over 2027 Presidential Support

Davido Deletes Warning Message to Governor Adeleke Over 2027 Presidential Support

Davido Deletes Warning Message to Governor Adeleke Over 2027 Presidential Support

Afrobeats star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has deleted a social media post in which he told his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, that they should no longer support any presidential candidate ahead of the 2027 election.

Davido made the post on Saturday as voting, counting and collation of results were ongoing across Osun State.

In the message directed at the governor, Davido wrote, “No more supporting any presidential candidate @AAdeleke_01 make we Dey our Dey!!!”

Checks by PulseNets showed that the post has since been deleted, although it had already attracted significant attention online.

The post drew particular interest because Governor Adeleke has publicly endorsed President Bola Tinubu for a second term in the 2027 presidential election.

Davido also reportedly deleted another post directed at President Tinubu, in which he wrote, “U no try @officialABAT.”

The development came amid Davido’s active interest in the Osun governorship election, with the singer expressing concerns online over developments surrounding the voting process and the subsequent collation of results.

Governor Adeleke ultimately secured victory in the election, defeating the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, by 66,252 votes.

Adeleke polled 511,067 votes, while Oyebamiji secured 444,815 votes. The African Democratic Congress, ADC, candidate, Najeem Salaam, finished third with 17,180 votes.

The final results showed that Adeleke won in 19 of Osun State’s 30 local government areas, while Oyebamiji prevailed in the remaining 11.

A total of 1,010,684 voters were accredited out of 2,339,544 registered voters. The election produced 1,005,800 votes cast, comprising 985,097 valid votes and 20,721 rejected ballots.

Despite the victory and Davido’s apparent criticism, Governor Adeleke maintained his position on the 2027 presidential election.

In his acceptance speech after being declared winner, Adeleke renewed his endorsement of President Tinubu and commended the President for what he described as his contribution towards ensuring a credible election in Osun State.

“At this point, I must deeply appreciate Mr President, His Excellency, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for his strong support for a free and fair election. Mr President is a son of Osun State, and I hereby reaffirm my earlier endorsement of him for a second term in the 2027 presidential election,” Adeleke said.

The governor had previously declared his support for Tinubu’s 2027 re-election bid before leaving the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the Accord Party to contest the Osun governorship election.

Adeleke also disclosed after his victory that President Tinubu had personally contacted him.

The governor expressed appreciation for what he described as the President’s intervention on matters connected to the election, including the unfreezing of a state government account by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, before the poll.

“What else do I want? I’ve instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr President has done well; he called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke said.

The dispute between the Osun State Government and the EFCC followed the commission’s placement of a Post No Debit restriction on one of the state government’s accounts.

The anti-graft agency said the restriction was linked to an ongoing investigation into the management of about N11 billion belonging to the state.

According to the EFCC, the funds under investigation included Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations received through the Federation Account Allocation Committee, FAAC.

The commission also alleged that unusual transactions had taken place, with money moved from the account into several corporate accounts.

Also Read: Davido Announces Indefinite Break From Music, Says Old Songs Still Keep Him Relevant

Meanwhile, Accord Party chieftain Pelumi Olajengbesi had earlier disclosed that President Tinubu called Governor Adeleke before the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, completed the announcement of the election results.

Olajengbesi described the President’s intervention as a demonstration of leadership but also alleged that opposition supporters were subjected to intimidation and arrests during the election.